Thursday, February 17, 2011

This is our life.... this one is a Daddy Post

This is Molly and Harbour.  Molly has the dark hair, Harbour has the light hair.  They graced our lives a year ago on March 2nd.  I am writing this before my  wife writes our official first post, so I am not real clear on what I am supposed to say.

What I wish is that we could have done this blog concurrent with the events of our first year with the girls.  Name the cliche... roller coaster, insane asylum, completely effing crackers, we experienced the entire melange of insanity that I imagine most new parents experience, times two of course.  The real kicker with twins is that no one ever gets a break. The reason I wish we had time to document this entire shenanigan is that looking back, I realize we did a good job.  Our kids are fat and giggle more than they cry.  They are meeting their milestones as they should and are clearly thriving, despite the fact that my wife and I are still pretty much kids ourselves.

Okay, so I am the daddy here.... most of you mommies will probably be a lot more interested in what the mommy side has to say in this blog.  We're hoping to tag-team this endeavour, as we each see this experience differently and bring unique ideas to the process of raising this small pack of wolves.  As it turns out, I am kind of handy, and I hope to share some of the tips I have learned and the projects I undertake with you all here.  Okay, this post is already  starting to get boring, so I'll shut up.  Lots more to come...

Cheers....

1 comment: